Smyrna Public Safety Foundation Mission & Purpose
The Smyrna Public Safety Foundation (SPSF) is a 501(c) non-profit corporation. Its mission is to encourage and strengthen the partnership between the Community and its Public Safety Personnel.
Supporting the SPSF just makes sense. Why? It is dedicated to improving the quality of life for those who live, work, or play in the City of Smyrna and surrounding communities and to generate growth within those communities.
To that end, the SPSF raises revenue to fund a variety of programs, including:
- SHOP WITH A HERO: Assists local disadvantaged youth by police officers, firefighters, and military personnel taking these children shopping during the holiday season.
- BENEVOLENT FUND: Provides financial support for public safety employees (and/or their families) injured or killed in the line of duty.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAMS: Funds such programs as CPR training, child car-seat safety, neighborhood visits, and others to foster community relationships with residents. .
- ANNUAL PUBLIC SAFETY AWARDS: This event recognizes and rewards those Smyrna firefighter and police officer heroes who demonstrated exception skill, expertise, innovation, bravery, and commitment to keeping Smyrna safe.
- EQUIPMENT: Purchases needed equipment and provides training to keep Smyrna’s Public Safety employees performing at the highest level of productivity.
- PREPARDEDNESS: offers training and programs related to disaster relief and support.
The SPSF raises funds for these programs through a variety of events that are sponsored in whole or in part by donations from businesses, civic organizations, neighborhoods, and individuals. Among others, annual events include:
If your neighborhood, business, or organization would like to organize & run an event to benefit our Heroes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Information courtesy of, and with permission from, the Smyrna Public Safety Foundation (SPSF) www.smyrnapsf.org
Regular mail address: Smyrna Public Safety Foundation, 2620 Atlanta Rd, Smyrna, Ga 30080
Donations address, please make the check payable to the : Smyrna Public Safety Foundation (or SPSF), and mail it to Smyrna Public Safety Foundation, P.O. Box 2216, Smyrna, Ga 30080